1. New Assistant Manager- James Harris- is currently the OPS Unit Supervisor at GSP in South Carolina. Nov 9th is his start date.
2. The 3 existing T-Hangar will be renovated in Phases.
a. Phase I-the taxiway’s replaced
i. Paving will begin in November
ii. Only 2 rows will be done this fall-1st two closest to Bay Land
iii. If you need to fly during the construction, your aircraft will have to be relocated. If the Community Hangar is not full, we can place you there. Otherwise, new tie downs will be established in the old T-Hangar area.
b. Remaining T-Hangar taxi lanes will be paved next spring. This change is due to the finances and your request not to have all of the construction and painting done at the same time and complete in 6-8 weeks.
c. Roof repairs as needed
d. and painting in Spring 2018
3. Taxiway B South construction has been delayed until spring due to unpredictable weather – this year’s hurricane season was threatening which construction was to begin.
4. New Waiting list for Hangars is now available. We are placing new tenants in the community hangar until the new T-Hangar can be build. The rate is $350 per month. See Jackie Benton-Ware.
5. Bay Land’s Hangar is still undecided. Pending discussion with Bay Land.
6. On Oct. 12th we had our first of four meetings to plan and execute our Triennial Emergency Drill. The drill will executed in January. Brrrrrrr! Next meeting is Nov. 8th. At 10:00.
7. Wings and Wheels 2018 Planning Meeting will be on Thursday NOV 6 @10:00
8. Conference room renovation start dates will be the Mid- November. Pre –bid meeting was Tuesday and bid award is Nov. 3rd.
9. –Hangar meetings will be deferred due to construction, holidays, etc until the new conference center opens in 2018 hopefully in mid-January.
a. onthly Updates will be posted on the SBY Website. So please check there for news and events.
b. And as always, you are invited to attend the monthly Airport Commissioner’s Meeting the 2nd Monday of each month at 3:00.
Next Hangar Tenant Meeting January 2018
Have a great Holiday Season and if you travel, safe travels and see you around the airport and in January in our new passenger lounge and conference center.