PLEASE DOWNLOAD OUR FLYER AND HELP SPREAD THE WORD SBY Wings Wheels Flier
Mark your calendar. On Saturday, May 20, 2017, Salisbury Regional Airport will hold its first “Aviation Day,” a 7-hour celebration that promises to entertain families and flying enthusiasts with a variety of exciting activities, including . . .
• tours of the control tower, airline terminal, and newly refurbished airport offices
• contemporary and vintage aircraft on display
• classic cars on display
• airplane and helicopter rides
• free seminars: “How to Become a Pilot” and (for current pilots) a refresher course designed to improve proficiency
• live music
• pancake breakfast beginning at 8 a.m., followed by lunch and snacks served by a variety of food vendors
• precision-landing contest during which pilots will compete for trophies and bragging rights
• aviator’s flea market
• a video presentation describing the economic value of local airports
• informative displays sponsored by aviation groups and businesses
The fun will begin at 8 a.m. and continue until 3 p.m. Free admission and free auto and aircraft parking.
Motorists, approach from Airport Road and watch for parking signs. Arriving pilots, contact the tower at 119.425.
For the latest information about the event, check our website, Facebook page, or Twitter account. See you on May 2oth!